Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Catching Fire- SO GOOD!

We are avid readers in our household and in the last 48 hours our attention has been captivated by the latest Suzanne Collins book- Catching Fire. Because I am sick, I devoured the book in less than a day and as I write this entry Andy is almost done! If you have not heard of Suzanne's 1st book in the series- The Hunger Games...go get it! Like the ever so trendy Twilight series these books are also written for young adults but unlike the Twilight series Suzanne Collins can write really well and spin a TOTALLY unique, sad, romantic, violent and inspiring tale like nothing I have read- Finally a heroin to be proud of- a strong willed, brave and brutal young woman fighting for all that is good. If you are looking for a unique read this book is non stop action and a story that will break your heart and then put it back together again!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks Alisa,
I've read all the Twilight books, just finished "The Host" by Stephenie Meyer. (Very Good) I'm always looking for books my high school students would read. Its helps to keep me connected. :)
PS They are loving the things I made in your Recyle class. They think you rock!

Elicia said...

sounds delicious.

www.thoughtsbyelicia.wordpress.com

Nolwenn said...

"the hunter games" is probably the next book I'll read.
Even if I'm nearly 25, I like some young-adult books and this serie really seem very good.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails